Zillancer has always respected and enforced our customer’s right to data privacy and protection. We have always been committed to safeguarding our customer’s data and information. Zillancer adheres to Federal Law No. 5 of 2012 on combating cybercrimes and its amendment by the Federal Law No. 12 of 2016 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which requires the companies and organizations to be transparent on processing of individual data of UAE and other country citizens. Zillancer has also created its own privacy statement to show our commitment to our customers concerning their online privacy and security. We want to stress that at no point will we rent, sell or otherwise share your information to any external company.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How your personal data is collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services.
- create an account on our website.
- subscribe to our services or publications.
- request marketing to be sent to you.
- enter a survey; or give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Messaging Zillancers. Partners, and Clients may communicate with each other through the Service. For example, Zillancers, Agencies, and Clients may wish to discuss Client needs and Zillancer work proposals. If you communicate with an Agency or Client, that Agency or Client will also be a “data controller” with respect to such communications.
- Community Forums. We may offer public forums or blogs. If you participate, your comments and questions will be publicly displayed.
- The Service may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features on Zillancer and through other communication functionality (“Knowledge Base”). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, “User Forum Content”). Please note that certain information, such as your name and Profile may be publicly displayed on the Service along with your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to the Zillancer Forum Rules and our Terms of Service.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested;
- to facilitate the creation of a User Contract (see Terms of Service for more information);
- to provide technical or other support to you;
to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
The ‘lawful processing’ grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
We use automated decision when helping matching users to jobs. The primary way this occurs is through how we rank users. These rankings are produced by analysing user generated content, user activity and the outcome of jobs; in this context, user generated content will include reviews that users receive when completing jobs. More information on these ranking guides can be found in our community articles. Automated decision making is also used to recommend potential jobs to our users and as a part of our marketplace security systems.
When we disclose personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held, transmitted to or processed on our behalf outside UAE, by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
- SMS providers
- Payment and banking providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
Third party applications
Other Disclosures and Transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
Exercise your other rights
You have a number of other rights in relation to the personal data Zillancer holds about you, however, there may be restrictions on how you may exercise the rights. This is largely due to the services we provide. Much of the data we collect is in order to facilitate contracts between users, facilitate payments, and provide protection for the legitimate users of our marketplace – these data uses are protected against the below rights.
You have the right to:
- Seek human review of automated decision-making or profiling
- Opt-out of direct marketing, and profiling for marketing
- Temporary restriction of processing
Links to other sites
Internation transfer or personal information
- Because we are a UAE company, we process and store your information in UAE and our service providers may process and store it elsewhere.
- Our Zillancer can work anywhere from the globe and when worked with them the Data will be transferred from one country to other.
- We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed.
- Zillancer takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Zillancer Users.. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Zillancer cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Change to this poilcy